Sai Sai

Monday, May 09, 2005

Sunny Pink Vest!! The weather's been gorgeously sunny this weekend, and I just couldn't resist doing some knitting outside. Thus, I decided to call this tank/vest Sunny Pink Vest! Yesterday was Leo's birthday. We went downtown and to Woodbine beach to enjoy the beautiful weather, bought some yummy Rocky Road ice cream from Baskin Robbins (only to find that Ben & Jerry's was only a block away. >.<~) Then we had dinner at Baton Rouge. Nice nice restaurant. I got some knitting done during the car ride to the beach and back. And again today out in my backyard porch. Here's my progress.


Only a few more rows until I start armhole shaping!
Phildar Licorne knits fabulously.



Another view.
My ribbing is always uneven.
Probably cuz I didn't go down one needle size for it. Eek.


I decided to fudge the pattern a bit and knit a vest instead of a tank. After knitting a few rows of the back piece, I noticed that Phildar Licorne had a bit of a shiny sheer to the color. So it's not quite "casual" enough to be a summer tank. I thought if it were to be a vest, then I can wear a white buttoned shirt underneath it for work. But it will still have the shimmery Phildar Sunset ribbed neckline border, which probably will be knit held together with Licorne.

I would like to thank Adele once again for helping me out with translating this French pattern. You're the best, Adele!

Today for lunch, I made myself a caesar salad with toasted garlic cheese bread, an imitation of what I had the previous night at Baton Rouge. It was super yummy!!


Even though the caesar dressing was store bought, it was just as
delicious, just cuz I made it myself!! Teehee.

3 Comments:

  • Your vest is looking good! I love the colour you choose. Isn't the Licorne fabulous!?

    And no problem on the translations. I'm happy to help anytime when I can.

    By Blogger Adele, at May 13, 2005 7:36 AM  

  • I wish I had some good advice about Ene's scarf and getting gauge with the double strand. Before getting started, I would try knitting a swatch, because knitting lace with the yarn doubled might be a major pain.

    By Blogger Betsy, at May 14, 2005 12:13 PM  

  • I like the vest too! Looking fabulous! Thanks for stopping by my site! I can't wait to try out the Gedifra.... I am thinking about a scarf and/or mittens for the winter...

    By Blogger Dani, at May 16, 2005 8:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home