Sai Sai

Tuesday, April 26, 2005

I just registered and paid for an International Studying Abroad Program with U of T to Hong Kong.

Even though I was born in Hong Kong, Toronto's been my home for the past 20 years. But, needless to say, I'm excited to go back.

Hong Kong, the Vertical City. The city that never sleeps. There's no doubt Hong Kong is one of the busiest places on earth. It's a heaven for avid shopaholics like me.

Large billboards and luminated signs. Skycrapers and tall apartment buildings.
Streets filled with red taxis and mini buses.
Sidewalks crowded with busy people always on the run.

However, I must constantly remind myself that I'm there to S-T-U-D-Y. Or more like: Shop Til U Drop Yeah!. (Ok, I couldn't think of what to put for Y.) So. Which means, I must save a lot of moola. Which means, I don't have moola for yarn at the moment. But hopefully means, I'll be able to spend some moola on good yarn buys in Hong Kong. However, I'm still in search of yarn stores in Hong Kong. Any recommendations?

Speaking of yarn stores, Adele, who's also a fellow Torontonian, gets her Phildar yarns from Knit N Tyme. I'm contemplating on whether I should buy yarn there, or from Breiweb (but shipping costs are expensive). I must carefully think through what yarn I want, and what yarn I REALLY want. Cuz apparently, I can't afford to buy anything impulsively. Sucks to be a student without a job. Which reminds me, I still got one more exam to study for. *sigh*

And you didn't think I'd leave without another amazing photo of Hong Kong at night, did you?

Beautiful? Now imagine this view during Christmas

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home